Wednesday, February 3, 2010

NO CHEMO!!!

We received wonderful news this week! For now, Mike does NOT have to do chemotherapy. YAHOO!!!! We met with Dr. Randall and his team on Monday. (Sorry, it's taken me so long to get this posted.) They were so upbeat and optimistic! After conferring with their team and the team at Harvard, they've decided its best to hold off on treatment. They feel confident that they got all of it, but are going to follow him closely. He'll have his next round of tests the middle of March.

I have to say it's hard emotionally. It's such a roller coaster ride. You gear yourself up, prepare for things and then when it doesn't happen you need a couple of days just to reprogram yourself. I talked with my sister Dee Dee and brother in law Randy yesterday about it. I thought I might be going crazy. Why wasn't I jumping for JOY and shouting Hallelujah from the rooftops? I was happy yet still felt this "weird" vibe and couldn't quite figure it out. I think Randy's analogy described it best. It's like training and preparing for a big football game. You've prepared physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. You've given time, blood, sweat and tears to make sure your completely ready to WIN!! You're ready to kick your opponent's butt...... Of course, it's going to be an awkward feeling when they cancel the game all together. Don't get me wrong, I am relieved beyond expression, but I did need time to decompress and adjust to the news. I think the best feeling of all was letting Kenzie and TJ know there would be no chemo for now. They were so relieved and happy!! I continue to rely on President Neilson's blessing where we were told that the doctors would know the best ways to treat Mike's condition.


Mike is doing well. This surgery has been the hardest part so far. It's taken a lot longer than he'd like to get back on his feet. He's pushed himself as much as he can (too fast in my opinion) and improves every day. He'll start physical therapy next week. It'll be 3 days a week for 6 weeks. He's back at work part time. I just hope he doesn't overdo it. He has a scooter that he pushes all over. Yesterday was his first day back and to his surprise his department had everything geared up for his cute little scooter. He has a bell, basket, license plate, streamers and U of U decor. It's hilarious!!! I'll get a picture tonight and post it so you can see it. I think it really tickled Mike even though he gets pretty embarrassed driving it around.

Words can never express our love and appreciation!! Thank you for your prayers and support!! We feel them! They are being answered and getting us through!! We Love you!!

5 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! That is GREAT news!! I am so happy for all of you ;)))
    We'll continue to pray that this is really the end of it for him.
    The scooter sounds SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such great news. now both of you just get completely better and enjoy long, happy, and even better lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best news ever!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am Laurie Pratt's oldest daughter.

    I have been following all this and just wanted to say how happy I am for your great news!

    I hope, hope hope that all continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete