Monday, January 18, 2010

We're Seeing Stars!!

We got home Friday afternoon. It's been a long weekend but we're doing good. Thankfully we were approved to get a scooter for Mike. It is tons easier than crutches and helps him get around easier. I use the words "get around" loosely. Currently he goes from the bed to the bathroom and that's it. Once in awhile he sits in the recliner. His pain has been pretty excruciating, but thankfully it's under control now. As long as he lies still, it's okay. Every time he has to move around at all, it spurs its ugly head.

We're grateful for a new week! We hope to receive pathology reports sooner than later. I taught Relief Society yesterday. The sisters in our ward are the absolute BEST!!! I shared how hard it has been not knowing what to expect. I want all the answers right now, and then I can learn to deal with whatever is ahead of us. Unfortunately, it hasn't been that way at all. With my cancer, in the beginning there were unknowns but once we had pathology there was a specific path to follow, and formulas that were known and proven. Thankfully(depending on how you look at it) so many women had come before me making my pathway alot more clear. With Mike it's alot more sketchy. It's so rare that everyone is guarded. They can't give us what stage his cancer is at. They don't know exactly what chemo or how much should be given. The chemo they think about is so drastic it could cause serious problems down the road. It's goes on and on with alot of uncertainty.

UGH!!! I'm still learning patience. I was studying in Ether 12 and it had the word "faith" in it 36 times. I know it was a reminder to me, that often, all we have is faith to hold onto. I have faith that God is overseeing everything!! Sometimes we just have to be in the dark awhile, but in the dark is where we get to see the stars!!

You are our Stars!! We've had AMAZING meals, Service & Treats!! Thanks Everyone!!

Mike's Mom has been an angel. As yucky as it can be at times, one of the blessings has definitely been spending time with her. She is such a strength to us! She has helped around the house with so much!!

You are our angels on earth! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Love you Dana! Just when you are supposed to be one(s) receiving encouragement and being buoyed up...you continue to do that for everyone else! Thanks for your awesome example of faith and for reminding me of a specific plan for each of us. Love to all of you!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete